April 12, 2012
Who’s The Woman Behind The Blog?
Fashion or Haute Couture has always been and will continue to be, for me, a journey. A journey to self-discovery when I first acquired some sort of style (back in Junior High) and then of course kept embarking on new and interesting designs on this path. As I got older, my tastes became more refined as did my size. The more I traveled into the world of fashion, the more my tastes evolved along with my size. I say this because what really is size? When you walk into a store and the salesperson asks you "what size are you"? What automatically comes to mind a number. But, what does this number represent? Is it who you are? No, it is purely a measurement and as we dig deep we discover that it is not really our measurement, it is a number pinned to describe what the designer thinks the width of their garment should be. We all know that each and every designer deems it their responsibility to change sizes as they create their line. No two designers ever have the same measurement for a size 14 or any other size for that matter. As women or explorers of fashion, I implore you to take on your own responsibility when it comes to acquiring a taste as well as sifting through sizes. Because, size goes hand in hand with design. What defines one's degree of sexy in a particular outfit? I say it is a combination of design and size, but if the size is too big or too small - how important is the design and vice versa? As a double digit diva (and notice I have never defined my actual size in terms of a specific number and neither should you!), our sizes travel as do our tastes, but one very important notion that I have learned through my ongoing journey is that we, full figured women should concentrate on our shapes in those suits first and decide on the size later! So, the next time you fellow full figured women walk into a store and the sales person asks you that same boring question, you say, "I don't know yet, I need to explore to choose what's right for moi!" [slideshow]
Posted by doubledigitdiva on April 12, 2012
Search Our Store
- Questions? Email us: email@example.comWe answer promptly. Wholesale opportunities available.
Designers in Our Store
Connect With Wildcurves
- Wild Curves Featured in BBW Beauties Mag
- Love Your Leggings
- Chrystee Pharris discloses her style secrets
- Chrystee Pharris spotted wearing Les Fees du Vent
- Curves Of Confection For The Summer
- Calista Couture Mon Amour
- Dzhavael Couture Discovered
- Sexy Plus Size Parisian Sale
- Simply Delicious Seasonal Sale: Ends Jan. 2nd!
- Happy Holidays from WildCurves
- Watch out, There’s A New Designer On The Runway: Angels Never Die
- Wild Wednesday Dzhavael Couture Sweater Dress Super Sale
- Celebrate Your Birthday with $25 from wildcurves.com
- No Tricks, Just Treats
- Les Fees Du Vent: Fairytale French Fashion Transforms Your Style